- Born: Cir 1820, Beeston, Notts 145,146,147
- Marriage: Mary Booth on 30 Oct 1842 in Radford (St Peter), Notts 5
Noted events in his life were:
• Occupation: lacemaker, at the time of the census in June 1841. 58 He was then living with his widowed mother, two siblings and his grandmother at Turnpike, Beeston, Notts
• Occupation: lacemaker, at the time of the census in March 1851. 148 He was then living alone at Snowton Terrace, Lenton, Notts; his wife and two of his children appear to be living with her mother in Beeston.
• Occupation: Lacemaker, at the time of the census in April 1861. 149 He was then living on Butchers Lane, Beeston, Notts with his wife and eight children.
Joseph married Mary Booth, daughter of Jeremiah Booth and Phoebe Dodd Brambley, on 30 Oct 1842 in Radford (St Peter), Notts.5 (Mary Booth was born circa 1823 in Heanor, Derbys 150,151,152.)