- Born: 1787, Radcliffe-On-Trent, Notts 58,59
- Baptised: 24 Sep 1787, Radcliffe-On-Trent P.C, Notts
- Marriage: Elizabeth Nutt 2 Oct 1817, Beeston Parish Church, Notts 39
- Died: 29 Nov 1864, Beeston Rylands, Notts at age 77 60
- Buried: Beeston Parish Churchyard, Notts
Noted events in his life were:
• Occupation: publican, at the time of the census in June 1841, Beeston Rylands, Notts. 118 His household included two of his sisters, two servants and two boatman who were probably lodging there. His daughter Elizabeth was away, staying in Lenton with her uncle, aunt and cousins Harwood.
• Occupation: victualler and farmer of 50 acres, by the time of the census in March 1851. 119 He was then a widower, living at Beeston Rylands with two sisters his married daughter Elizabeth and her daughter Elizabeth. There were two house servants and one labourer assisted with the farm.
• Occupation: farmer of 54 acres and licenced victualler, by the time of the census in April 1861. 120 He was then living at the Boat Inn, Beeston Rylands with his sister, Alice Harwood, his grand-children Thomas H & Elizabeth H Nutt and two servants
• Probate, 31 Oct 1865, Nottingham Probate Registry.
Richard married Elizabeth Nutt, daughter of Richard Nutt and Ann Harpham, on 2 Oct 1817 in Beeston Parish Church, Notts.39 (Elizabeth Nutt was baptised on 23 Dec 1790 in Lenton Parish Church, Notts, died on 28 Feb 1824 57 and was buried on 3 Mar 1824 in Beeston Parish Churchyard, Notts.)