Map of Beeston in the Early 1800s


Map of Beeston in the Early 1800s

Ordance Survey 25" map, published 1885

This was before the building known as Swiss Mills (1886) was built and the complex of older factories was then known as Pollardís Factory.
Later the whole complex took the Swiss Mills name.
The map is also before Wilkinsonís new Gothic-style Anglo Scotian building (1892).
John Pollard had by this time moved away from the factory to Cromwell House; at various times, he and his descendents lived at Chestnut Villa in Villa Street, close to both factories.


Close this window to continue