- Born: Cir 1856, Beeston, Notts 109,110,111,112,113
- Baptised: 7 Mar 1856, Beeston Parish Church, Notts 75
- Marriage: Emma Houlton on 22 Nov 1885 in St Saviour, Nottingham 61
- Died: 27 May 1905 at 24 City, Beeston, Notts 197
- Buried: 30 May 1905 at Beeston Cemetery, Notts 197
Noted events in his life were:
• Occupation: farm boy, at the time of the census in April 1871. 114 He was then living at home with his parents at Butcher Lane, Beeston.
• Occupation: shoeing smith, at the time of the census in April 1881. 105 At that time he was living with his retired parents at Chapel Street, Beeston, Notts.
• Occupation: fitter, at the time of the census in April 1891. 115 He was then living with his wife and child at Regent Street, Heanor, Derbyshire. They had one boarder.
• Residence: 20 Stoney Street, Beeston, Notts, in 1896 and 1897. 116 In 1896 he was descibed as a blacksmith and as a "filer-up" in 1897.
• Occupation: self-employed beer-off shop keeper, at the time of the census in March 1901. 117 He was then living at 32 Wilford Road, Nottingham with his wife and three children.
Samuel married Emma Houlton on 22 Nov 1885 in St Saviour, Nottingham.61 (Emma Houlton was born circa 1857 in Old Sneinton, Notts 118,119.)
He died on 27 May 1905 at 24 City, Beeston, Notts 197 and was buried at Beeston Cemetery on 30 May 1905 197