- Born: Cir 1799, Gayton, Staffordshire 178,179,180,181,182
- Marriage: Isabella Day on 27 Jun 1826 in Duffield, Derbyshire 177
- Died: 11 Dec 1882, Beeston, Notts at age 83 183
Noted events in his life were:
• Occupation: blacksmith, by the time of the census in June 1841. 184 he is then living with his wife, two sons, an apprentice and a domestic servant at Butcher Lane, Beeston, Notts. Some of their children, notably two daughters, are missing from the household; one of these, Catherine, aged 5, appears to be living in Nottingham in the household of Samuel and Susanna Singleton.
• Occupation: blacksmith, at the time of the census in April 1851. 185 He was then living with his wife and five children at "top of Butcher Lane".
• Occupation: blacksmith, at the time of the census in April 1861. 186 He was then living with his wife, three of their children and an apprentice at Butcher Lane, Beeston, Notts
• Occupation: blacksmith, at the time of the census in April 1871. 187 He was then living at Butcher Lane with his wife and one son as well as a apparently employed blacksmith.
• Residence: Chapel Street, Beeston, Notts, by the time of the census in April 1881. 188 He was then retired as a shoing smith and living with his wife, youngest son and a grandson.
William married Isabella Day, daughter of William Day and Catherine Calledine, on 27 Jun 1826 in Duffield, Derbyshire.177 (Isabella Day was born circa 1809 in Beeston, Notts 189,190,191,192,193, baptised on 4 Feb 1810 in Beeston Parish Church, Notts 162 and died on 23 Dec 1882 in Beeston, Notts 194.)