Albert Augustus Frederick Dobson
- Born: 4 Sep 1864, Lenton, Notts 32,33,34,35,36,37
- Marriage: Kate Cockroft on 21 Mar 1894 in Manville Chapel, Bradford, Yorks 31
- Died: 17 Apr 1923, Oakland, California, USA at age 58 22
Noted events in his life were:
• Occupation: assistant, in his father's employ,at the time of the census in April 1881. 28 He was then living with his parents and seven siblings at 32 Cromwell Street, Nottingham.
• Occupation: Furniture Salesman, at the time of the census in April 1891. 38 He was then living with his widowed father and five younger sibllings at 32 Waterloo Road, Nottingham.
• Occupation: house furnisher (employer), at the time of the census in March 1901. 39 He was then living at 26 Burford Road, Nottingham with his wife and two children, They employed one domestic servant
• Occupation: in partnership with his brother Joseph, by 1902. 40 They were trading as cabinet makers, undertakers and upholsterers, furniture dealers and parambucot manufacturer at 160-4 Alfreton Rd, Nottingham. He was then living at 607 Berridge Rd, Nottingham.
• Occupation: stationer operating a business in Post Office Square, Beeston, Notts, by 1904. 41,42
• Emigration: with his family to the USA, on the Cedric to New York, 29 Oct 1910 (arriving on 6 Nov). 43,44 They journeyed to Salt Lake City, Utah to stay with Albert's brother Joseph Foster Dobson as he was their sponsor. The address was 113 Rosella Ave. In 1919 the Albert Dobson family moved to Oakland, CA and eventually to San Francisco.
• Occupation: dry goods salesman, at the time of the US Federal census in January 1920. 45 He was then renting a home at Telegraph Avenue, Oakland, California where he lived with his wife and two children. The whole family moved there in June 1919, following the son Albert who had taken a new job in January 1919 in San Francisco, across on the ferry from Oakland.
• Residence: 5904 Canning Street, Oakland, California, After 1920. 22 This house was purchased after the family joined Albert junior in Oakland and after living briefly in rented accomodation.
Albert married Kate Cockroft, daughter of Richard Cockroft and Abigail Tetley, on 21 Mar 1894 in Manville Chapel, Bradford, Yorks.31 (Kate Cockroft was born on 31 May 1871 in Bradford, Yorks 46,47,48,49,50 and died on 19 Jan 1963 in San Francisco, California, USA 51.)