- Born: 1 Jan 1801, Sheffield 163,247,322,323
- Marriage: Mary Crabtree 23 Jan 1840, St Mary's Church, Nottingham 321
- Died: 9 Mar 1885, Ecclesall Bierlow Registration District at age 84 324,325
He suffered from an arm disability from an accident when young.
All his children were born at Manor Cottage, two miles south of Sheffield Castle.
In addition to his business, he had a small, 12 acre farm at the Manor, in the centre of the Earls of Shrewsburys' estate.
There was an interesting Styring family history 'Earls without Coronets', by Harold K Styring, published in 1965. A copy of this book is in the Local History section of Sheffield City Library
Noted events in his life were:
• Education: Mr Abraham's School. 134 and was awarded 5 prizes between 1810 and 1816.
• Occupation: accountant and rent agent, by April 1861 (at the time of the census). 326 He was then living at Manor Cottage, Sheffield with his wife, eight children and Ann James, a visitor.
• Occupation: accountant, at the time of the census in April 1871. 327 He, his wife and five of their children were then living at Manor Cottage, Sheffield. He was also farming 20 acres of his laanf with the occasional help of one man.
• Occupation: accountant, prior to the census in April 1881, Sheffield. 163 By that time he was retired, living at 12 Adelaide Road, Ecclesall Bierlow, Yorkshire, described as "married" but with no wife present, and with his daughter Annie, his granddaughter Frances Nutt and a servant in the household.
Henry married Mary Crabtree, daughter of Samuel Crabtree and Elizabeth Heward, on 23 Jan 1840 in St Mary's Church, Nottingham.321 (Mary Crabtree was born on 13 Sep 1812 in Nottingham 328,329,330 and died Q4 1884 in Ecclesall Bierlow Registration District 331.)