- Born: 4 Feb 1853, Beeston, Notts 168,169,170,171,172
- Baptised: 6 Mar 1853, Beeston Wesleyan Methodist 168
- Marriage: Emily Martin on 7 Oct 1879 in Beeston Parish Church, Notts 167
Noted events in his life were:
• Occupation: joiner, at the time of the census in April 1881. 173 He was then living with his wife at the Wollaton Road Gravel Pit, Beeston, Notts.
• Occupation: licensed victualler, 1888. 174 He was then, briefly, the landlord of the Commercial Inn on Wollaton Road, Beeston, Notts.
• Residence: 3 Trafalgar Terrace, Radford, Notts, at the time of the census in April 1891. 175 He was the out of work as a joiner and living with his wife and two children.
Arthur married Emily Martin, daughter of David Martin and Elizabeth Johnson, on 7 Oct 1879 in Beeston Parish Church, Notts.167 (Emily Martin was born on 13 Jul 1855 in Beeston, Notts 176,177,178,179,180 and was baptised on 8 Oct 1855 in Beeston Wesleyan Methodist 176.)