- Born: Cir 1816, Clifton, Notts 127,128,129,130,131,132,133
- Baptised: 4 Oct 1816, Nottingham (St Marys) 134
- Marriage (1): Elizabeth Facer Q3 1838 in Nottingham Registration District 125
- Marriage (2): Ann Codling Q4 1845 in Basford Registration District 126
- Died: 17 Jun 1901 at age 85 135,136
- Buried: Beeston Cemetery, Notts
Noted events in his life were:
• Occupation: joiner, at the time of the census in June 1841. 137 He was then living on Villa Street, Beeston, Notts with his wife and small child.
• Occupation: joiner, at the time of the census in March 1851. 138 He was then living at Villa Street with his second wife, five children and a step-daughter.
• Occupation: joiner and publican, at the time of the census in April 1861. 139 He was then living at Villa Street with his wife and eight children.
• Occupation: farmer and publican, at the time of the census in April 1871. 140 He was then living at Royal Villas, Villa St, Beeston, Notts with his wife and four of their children. He was employing 2 men and 2 women.
• Occupation: publican, at the time of the census in April 1881. 141 He was then living with his wife and keeping the Royal Oak, Beeston, Notts.
• Residence: The Poplars, Queens Rd Beeston, Notts, at the time of the census in April 1891. 142 He was then a widower, retired as a joiner and living with his daughter Mary's family.
• Residence: 35 Dagmar Grove, Beeston, Notts, at the time of the census in March 1901. 143 He was then living on his own means, boarding with Mary A Wright and described as "feeble minded".
• Probate, 13 Aug 1901, Nottingham Probate Registry. 136 It was valued initiallyat £4362 13s 9d but resworn in December 1901 at £6597 13s 9d. The Executors were George BURNHAM, joiner and Richard WHEATLEY, Butcher,
Edward married Elizabeth Facer, daughter of Thomas Facer and Ann Pacey, Q3 1838 in Nottingham Registration District.125 (Elizabeth Facer was born circa 1821 in Notts 144 and died Q3 1845 in Basford Registration District 145.)
Edward next married Ann Codling, daughter of George Codling and Hannah Leatherland, Q4 1845 in Basford Registration District.126 (Ann Codling was born circa 1817 in Bramcote, Notts 146,147,148,149,150, baptised on 15 Jun 1817 in Bramcote, Notts,151 died on 27 Jan 1891 135 and was buried in Beeston Cemetery, Notts.)