David Castello Loughlin
- Born: Jul 1860, Virginia, USA 75,76,77,78,79
- Marriage: Ada Wallett circa 1883 64
- Died: 16 Oct 1922, Henderson, North Carolina, USA at age 62 80
As "Dave Castello" he was a jockey and bareback rider, and 2-horse carrying act performer. Bareback somersault rider,
P.T. Barnum's, 1871-74, 1877; boy bareback and hurdle rider, Howes & Cushing, 1875; Cole's; Cooper, Jackson & Co., 1882-83; W. H. Harris'
Nickel-Plate, 1885-87, 1891; Albert Hose's, 1893; somersault riding act, Robert Hunting's, 1894-95; Stickney & Donovan, Central and South America,
1897; VanAmburgh & Co., 1896; Norris & Rowe's, 1908. His wife Ada was a principal equestrian and manege performer.80
Noted events in his life were:
• Occupation: circus performer, at the time of the US Federal census in 1880. 81 He was then living with his widowed mother, five siblings and a servant in Norfolk, Virginia, USA.
• Occupation: bar and billiard saloon operator, at the time of the 1900 United States Federal census. 82 He was then living at Henderson, Vance County, North Carolina, USA with his wife, four children and his mother-in-law. When they first settled in Henderson, they opened and ran a hotel there for a few years, while touring with the circus.
• Occupation: circus rider, at the time of the US Federal census in 1910. 83 He was then living at Henderson, Vance County, North Carolina, USA with his wife, five children, his mother-in-law and a "daughter-in-law", Elizabeth Loughlin.
• Residence: Henderson, Vance County, North Carolina, at the time of the 1920 US Federal census. 84 He was by then retired and living with his wife and four adult children, two daughters in law, a son-in-law, his mother-in-law and three grand-children.
David married Ada Wallett, daughter of Clifford Wallett and Fanny Jeffries, circa 1883.64 (Ada Wallett was born on 5 Jan 1865 in Birmingham 65,66,67,68,69,70 and died on 15 Oct 1929 in Henderson, North Carolina, USA 65.)