Created using Legacy
the full-featured professional
|Augustus Cyril Oldrini
Augustus Cyril Oldrini
- Born: Q4 1854, Beeston, Notts 3 4 5
- Baptised: 3 Dec 1854, Beeston Parish Church, Notts 6
- Marriage (1): Mary Anne Chambers in 1893 in Temora, NSW, Australia 1
- Marriage (2): Mary Ann Cooke in 1916 in Windsor, NSW, Australia 2
- Died: 4 Mar 1939, Temora, NSW, Australia aged 84 7 8
Another name for Augustus was Charlie Oldrini.9
Noted events in his life were:
• Education: St Pauls School, Stoney Stratford, Buckinghamshire, at the time of the census in April 1871. 7 10 According to his obituary, he also received part of his education at Hurstpierpoint School, Sussex.
• Occupation: bank clerk with Nottingham & Notts Bank, for three years, after leaving school. 7
• Immigration: to Australia, Mar 1878. 7 11 12 He sailed on the Orient liner Chimborazo arriving at Sydney on 12th March 1878. Within six months he moved inland and found work at Lake Cowal as a cattle drover. In April 1884 he aquired a block of land at Dinga Dingi which he farmed until moving to Temora, NSW in 1902.
• Occupation: mining warden's bailiff, From 1902, Temora, NSW, Australia. 7 He retained this position for almost two decades, adding the role of Guardian of Minora in 1906. He had been appointed Justice of the Peace in 1895. In June 1906 he was appointed Secretary (Clerk) to the Temporary Shire County and then, in December of that year, Clerk to the Naraburra Shire Council. He became a Fellow of the Local Government Clerks' Association of NSW in January 1928. At his retirement in 1933, he was the most elderly Clerk in NSW local government and had the longest record of service.
Augustus married Mary Anne Chambers in 1893 in Temora, NSW, Australia.1 (Mary Anne Chambers died in 1914 in Goulburn, NSW, Australia 13.)
Augustus next married Mary Ann Cooke in 1916 in Windsor, NSW, Australia.2
Australian Marriage Index - 1788-1950 (ancestry.com), Registered at : Temora, NSW Reg, No : 6950.
Australian Marriage Index - 1788-1950 (ancestry.com), Registration : Windsor, NSW Reg No : 8400.
FreeBMD - Online GRO index, Basford Q4/1854 : 7b 106.
1861 Census Enumerators' Schedules, age 6, b. Beeston, Notts - scholar, at home with parents.
1871 Census Enumerators' Schedules, Piece 1474 Folio 28 : St Pauls School, Stoney Stratford, Bucks - at school, age 16.
Notts Family History Society - Baptism Transcription.
per Robert Bradbury of Victoria, Australia, from obituary of Augustus Cyril Oldrini in local newspaper.
New South Wales Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages - on line index at http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/, 3919/1939 - Temora District.
per Robert Bradbury of Victoria, Australia, from obituary of Augustus Cyril Oldrini in local newspaper - generally known as such in Australia.
1871 Census Enumerators' Schedules, Piece 1474 Folio 28 : St Pauls School, Stoney Stratford, Bucks. Augustus C OLDRINI, Pupil, 16, b. Beeston, Notts.
New South Wales Archives Indexes - www.records.nsw.gov.au, "Cyril Oldrini", age 24, arrive March 1878, Chimborazo (Unassisted).
Victoria, Australia : Assisted & Unassisted Passenger Lists, 1839-1923 (ancestry.com), Chimborazo. out of London for Adelaide, Port Philip Bay and Sydney. Arrival 11 March 1878.
Australian Death Index - 1787-1985 (ancestry.com), Registration at : Goulburn, NSW Reg No : 7105.