|Blanche Mary Oldrini
Blanche Mary Oldrini
- Born: Q1 1866, Beeston, Notts 4 5 6 7
- Baptised: 7 Mar 1866, Beeston Parish Church, Notts 8
- Marriage (1): Francis Samuel Pyemont Smith on 5 Apr 1888 in Beeston Parish Church, Notts 1 2
- Marriage (2): Edward Whitaker Moss-Blundell Q4 1906 St George Hanover Square Registration District St George Hanover Square Registration District 3
- Died: Q3 1932, Islington Registration District aged 66 9
She returned from Malaysia on the Ixion, out of Penang, arriving in London on 19 June 1893. She travelled with her daughters, Audrey, aged 3 and Iris, aged 1 with a Malay nurse. About 3 months later, on 22 September 1893, she gave birth to twins, Enid & Aimee, in Woodhall Spa, Lincolnshire. 10
Noted events in her life were:
• Residence: William Road, Woodhall Spa, Lincolnshire, by the time of the census in March 1901. 11 She was then living there with four daughters, a governess and two domestic servants; her husband was not present. It appears, based on the birthplace of her children, that the family had lived here since before 1889 but had spent time in the Straits Settlement, possible between 1891 (when the family has not been found on the UK census) and 1894.
Blanche married Francis Samuel Pyemont Smith, son of Samuel Smith and Frances Ann Oxley, on 5 Apr 1888 in Beeston Parish Church, Notts.1 2 (Francis Samuel Pyemont Smith was born on 23 Nov 1845 in Selby, Yorks 12 13 14, baptised on 26 Dec 1845 in Campsell, Yorkshire,15 died on 29 May 1906 in Taiping, Perak, Straits Settlements 14 16 and was buried in Taiping, Perak, Straits Settlements 14.)
Blanche next married Edward Whitaker Moss-Blundell, son of Edward Hugh Moss and Ellen Whitaker, Q4 1906 St George Hanover Square Registration District St George Hanover Square Registration District.3 (Edward Whitaker Moss-Blundell was born circa Jan 1871 in Hull, Yorks 17 18 19 and died on 22 Jan 1940 in Edmonton Registration District 16 20.)
Notts Family History Society - Marriage Index.
FreeBMD, Q2/1888 - Basford RD.
FreeBMD, St Geo Han Sq Q4/1906 : 1a 977.
1881 Census Enumerators' Schedules, Piece 3331 Folio 88 - age 15.
1901 Census Enumerators' Schedules, Piece 3072 Folio 19 - age 33.
1911 Census - Household Schedule, Piece 7234 RD132 SD1 ED42 Sched 167 - Devonhurst. Broadlands Road, Highgate, North London - age 42 (!), with second husband & daughter.
FreeBMD - Online GRO index, Basford Q1/1866 :7b 134.
Notts Family History Society - Baptism Transcription.
GRO Index - ancestry.com transcription, Q3/1932 Islington : 1b 179 - age 65.
UK Incoming Passenger Lists, 1878-1960 (On ancestry.com), Class BT26, Piece 43, Item 30.
1901 Census Enumerators' Schedules, Piece 3072 Folio 19. William Rd, Woodhall Spa, Lincs
Blanche M Pyemont, Head, Mar, 33, Beeston, Notts
Blanche A F Pyemont, dau, 12, Woodhall Spa, Lincs
Itis N I Pyemont, dau, 8, Taiping Persk, Straits Settlements
Enid Pyemont, dau, 7, Woodhall Spa, Lincs
Annie Pyemont, dau, 7, Woodhall Spa, Lincs
+ a governess and 2 domestic servants.
1851 Census Enumerators' Schedules, Piece 2084 - Silver Street, Whitwick, Leics - age 5, with parents, scholar at home.
1871 Census Enumerators' Schedules, Piece 3252 Folio 24 - The Vicarage, Whitwick, Leics - age 25, with parents.
Memorial Inscription, All Saints Church Cemetery, Taiping, Perak, Malaysia - Find A Grave #49728465.
International Genealogical Index, Batch C106261 - son of Samuel & Frances Anne.
1871 Census Enumerators' sheets, Piece 4791 Folio 8 - 8 Minerva Terrace, Spring Bank, Hull, Yorkshire - age 3mo, with parents (as Edward Whitaker Moss).
1881 Census : Transcript of Enumerators' Schedules (Published by Church of Jesus Christ of LDS on CD-Rom and on FamilySearch), Piece 4804 Folio 75 - Uplands School, Scarborough, Yorkshire - age 10, boarder.
1911 Census - Household Schedule, Piece 7234 RD132 SD1 ED42 Sched 167 - Devonhurst. Broadlands Road, Highgate, North London - age 40.
GRO Index - ancestry.com transcription, Edmonton Q1/1940 : 3a 1386 - age 69.